Installation and Operation of Municipal Waste Water Treatment plant at peripheral area of Mazar-e-Quaid, Karachi.
Brief of the Project: The M/s KW&SB is supplying water for irrigation, plantation, cleaning at Mazare-e-Quaid, Karachi around 100,000 gallons per day, whereas the requirement of water is 300,000 gallons. Hence QMMB, Karachi decided to develop its own alternative sources to irrigate the plant and grass to improve the environment of mausoleum. Under this project sewerage water will be utilized for irrigation purpose after treatment.
Scope of the Project:
- Municipal sewage water will be utilized for irrigation, plantation of trees, grass etc.
- It shall decrease the marine pollution.
- Sewerage line chocking problem shall be reduced.
- Sewerage line over flowing problem shall be reduced.
- Sufficient treated water will be available for irrigation of trees/plantsof Quaid's Mausoleum
Sponsoring Agency: National History and Literary Heritage Division, Islamabad.
Executing Agency: Quiad-e-Azam Mazar Management Board, Karachi.
Approved Cost / Approval date: Approved by the DDWP on 10-10-2017 at a cost of Rs.52.338 million